About our Tutorial
Our tutorial site is easy to navigate. We have drop-down menus above that will guide you through the various sections from the initial overview and introductory survey to Lesson Exemplars, which illustrate how GeoGebra can be applied in the classroom, to connecting you further to Communities of Practice. There is a wealth of information here to get you started on how to effectively use GeoGebra to actively engage learners in math. GeoGebra is fun and easy to use and we hope you enjoy learning more!
Get Inspired! Watch the following 2 minute to find out how easy it is to get students to play with math! https://vimeo.com/13186858
Here are some of the topics you will find in the tutorial:
• improves professional development
• makes math visual
• free; open source
• available in over 55 languages
• valuable learning resource:
"Overall this was a very informative webpage"
Jodi-Lynn Tarney, MET student
"I think you have a great tutorial and I have learned a lot about GeoGebra..."
Monique Waters, MET student
• Grade 4 Math Lesson & Activities - Symmetry
• Grade 8 Math Lesson & Activities - Graph and analyze two-variable linear relationships
• Grade 10 Math Lesson & Activities - Investigating transformations of quadratics
I like how you make connections to real world examples throughout your tutorial.
Jaya Van Praagh, MET student
• High-cost commercial software alternatives
• Low-cost & Free software alternatives:
• Graphing Calculators
• No-tech alternatives
"LOVE that you have included practical lesson plans into your tutorial and that you have provided a variety of levels, starting with the basics in Grade 4 and working to the more complex in Grade 10."
Jaclyn Silver, MET student
Communities of Practice
• GeoGebra forum
• GeoGebra on Twitter
• GeoGebra Tube
• Global & Localized Communities of Practice
GeoGebra topics include algebra, geometry, statistics, probability, and calculus that appeal to classroom teachers and university faculty. GeoGebra conferences are held worldwide with sessions
that are appropriate for all levels from novice to expert.